If you’re divorced without custody of your children, there’s nothing more important than your visitation rights. Visitation Rights in South Carolina are important rights to be aware of. Klok Law is a Charleston SC family law firm with experience you can trust in visitation rights here in South Carolina.
The professionals at Klok Law know the significance of family values, and realize that visitation rulings can have a serious effect on your relationship with your children. If you’re campaigning for more visitation time or leniency, Klok Law is at your side. Let us help you during the legal process so you can center your efforts on fostering the relationship between you and your children.
Types of visitation
If you do not hold sole custody of your children, your visits may be commissioned according to the findings of the court. In South Carolina, two basic visitation categories exist:
- Supervised visitation is ordered when a parent is deemed unfit to monitor a child without the assistance of another party. If drugs, alcohol, crime or abuse have influenced a divorce, then a judge may include supervised visitation in the consideration set.
- Unsupervised visitation is the most common form of visitation. It allows for parents without custody to spend significant time with their children, often on weekends or vacations. Under unsupervised visitation, parents without custody are able to play a bigger part in their children’s lives.
Expansion and reduction of visitation rights
Like child custody, visitation rights rest according to health and fitness. When or if situations change, so may visitation rights.
If you’re looking to achieve more visitation time or challenge for custody, Klok Law should be your first call. Our experience in Family Law gives our clients a reassuring presence and knowledgebase to bring to the courts. Plus, we’ll work quickly to accommodate your schedule.
We know that there’s nothing as personal and important as your relationship with your children. In order to get you to the visitation or custody you deserve, the Klok staff will work tirelessly in your support.
Keep in mind; the courts are focused on a series of questions to ensure you’re fit to expand your role in your child’s life. Ask yourself the following:
- Do I have the means to take care of a child’s food and health?
- Are my living conditions suitable for a child?
- How will I display my desire to see my children more often?
The courts will take multiple questions into account – including these. Make sure you’re well-equipped to house and care for your children before you enter any sort of custody or visitation dispute.
Call Klok about visitation
Whether you’re filing for divorce or fighting for more time with you children, Klok Law is on your team. Our family law professionals are trained and have studied to assist parents and children – and to get the best possible outcome for all parties.
Additionally, Klok Law can help clients in a variety of other fields. From personal injury to entertainment law, Klok is suited to find your best possible legal outcome. Get in touch with us today and see what we can do for you. We’re just a phone call, visit or e-mail away.